Monday, January 05, 2009

Support Del. Saqib Ali

Passed along from Delegate Ali:

SAQIB ALI DEMOCRAT, DELEGATE DISTRICT 39
"Fresh Ideas, Bold Vision, Strong Leadership"

Dear Friend,

As you know, I am an elected member of the Maryland General Assembly.
I'm honored to serve and represent the people of Maryland's 39th
Legislative District. In this position I feel I have a tremendous
opportunity as well as responsibility to help move our state forward.

The General Assembly holds its annual 3-month legislative session in
Annapolis starting on January 14th. Currently, I'm preparing legislation
for the 2009 session. I have an ambitious plan and I'm hoping for some
momentous results. Keep your eyes on your email box and the newspapers
in the next few months for updates. I hope to work especially hard in in
my capacity as a public watchdog for Maryland's residents and consumers.
Examples: http://www.saqibali.org/blog/

As much as I want to focus on good, progressive policies my job also
entails a good amount of politics. And without strong political
standing, I will be less able to push through desired policies. If I'm
always concerned about my own re-election, I won't be able to focus as
much on legislating. That is why I am requesting your help today.

I humbly request that you make a contribution to my re-election campaign
fund today. My goal is to raise $4,000 before January 9th. I urge you to
donate as generously as you can comfortably afford ($25, $50, $100 or
more). Every dollar counts. And I need your help today. You can donate
online securely with your credit card by clicking here:
http://www.alifordelegate.com/contribute.htm

If you are uncomfortable donating online, please send your donation by
mail to:
12504 Degas Court,
North Potomac, MD 20878.
Checks should be made payable
to "Friends of Saqib Ali".

Your financial support today will make me a more effective legislator.

Thank you for you friendship and support,

Delegate Saqib Ali
(301) 685-3409
www.SaqibAli.org

No comments: